DLI Magazine - out now!
The DLI Magazine is out now! A copy is sent to Individual DLI Members and 2 copies are sent to the main contact for DLI Group members - for circulation within the drama group. Enjoy the read!
There’s a jam-packed issue with: •
- A word from the Chair Joanne Keane
- • Photos & results from the ADCI/DLI 1-Act Finals in Rossmore, West Cork
- • Insights from Dermot Bolger on how he discovered playwriting
- • An account of ‘A Treat on the Street’ in Mullagh, Co. Cavan by Freda Donoghue
- • An interview by Mary Newman, where Moll Fullam shares her memories of 40+ years of DLI Summer School
- • Seamus O’Rourke talking about his new book ‘Standing in Gaps’ and telling us how God loves a trier
- • Disappointment expressed at not being able to host the finals this year by John Travers (Bostik All Ireland Confined Finals, Ballyshannon), Regina Bushell (RTÉ All Ireland Drama Finals, Athlone) and Bernie Harten (ADCI/ DLI All Ireland 1-Act Finals, Drama at Ennis) - but they all have hope for the future
- • An outline by Willie O’Brien of how the 55th Summer School became an Outreach Summer School 2020, with the first DLI Masterclass on Zoom organised by John Lennon, accounts of the workshops in Ballina, Ballyshannon, Coolgreany, Corofin & Whitechurch, with thanks to the Summer School Committee Elaine McLoughlin, Christine O’Brien, Ollie Kenny, tutors Andrea Ainsworth, Ciaran McCauley, Declan Drohan, Aaron Monaghan, Donal Courtney,Thomas Conway, Padraic McIntyre and Geoff O'Keeffe and all involved in organising the workshops
- • A report from Aidan Digan on a Finnish exchange project with PIC Players, Co. Offaly and Mullingar Charity Variety Groups
- • Guidance from Karen Carleton on ‘Returning to Rehearsal Safety’
- • ‘The Five Stages of Mourning Your Covid Show’ by Claire Joyce in relation to the reimagining of ‘Fractured’, Down at Heels Production … soon to be made into a film
- • A list of the new DLI Board members elected on 1st March 2020
- • Details of the DLI/ADCI Playwriting Award from Ollie Kenny
- • Information on how to get a grant to assist with running a workshop
- • Updates from Valerie McGuile on play licensing in the new dramatic landscape and lists some new plays available
- • DLI Membership rates: Group membership €150/ Individual membership €35 All support is really appreciated.
Cover: Irene Yore in Millrace Drama’s Treat on the Street | photo Seamus Yore.
Many thanks to editor Christine O’Brien, all the contributors, Edel Butler (Graphic Design) and Realprint.